How to Upgrade Nokia N8 to Symbian Belle from Anna
If you own a Nokia N8 you are probably running Symbian Anna and have patiently waited for Belle which has finally arrived. Belle is the official upgrade to Symbian Anna and aims at improving the functionality and performance of the OS.
The following new features and updating options are available for your Nokia N8-00.
- Have up to six home screens with live widgets in different sizes
- Personalise your home screens with home screen widgets and shortcuts
- Get where you want to go quickly with the help of simpler menus
- See notifications and your connectivity options on any screen
- Customise your lock screen with wallpapers and important info
- Get improved apps for navigating, imaging, and browsing the web
Please note that the latest software version may not be available for your device, and the benefits listed may not be available to you, or be available in selected countries.
If you use a PC, Nokia Suite can check your phone’s current software version and download new versions when they become available, using your PC’s internet connection.
Nokia Suite also helps you to back up your contacts and photos, synchronise your calendar and update other applications such as Maps.
To update your phone’s software using Nokia Suite on your PC:
- On your PC, open Nokia Suite and connect your phone.
- In Nokia Suite, select Tools > Software updates.
- From the list of available updates, choose what you’d like to install.
It’s free to download and use Nokia Suite. It runs on Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
As Nokia Belle is a major upgrade, this also affects apps compatability and certain apps are not yet compatible. Also, please note, it is possible that all apps are deleted on Nokia Belle update, that includes apps installed on your phone’s C: drive (ie. phone memory) as well as your phone’s E: drive (ie. mass memory). It is also possible that apps installed on a memory card are lost. However, after the update to Nokia Belle is completed, you can reinstall them via Nokia Store.